Friday, April 21, 2006

Come, make salsal with me

Ya. I'm supposed to be writing like, a hundred papers for my masters but here I am, blogging/procrastinating because this is what I really have to do.

I was tumatae kanina when I realized how trapped I was, you know, as a panganay, as a student, as a teacher, as a writer. That's when I said to myself, "Gusto kong maging ibon, yung may layang lumipad." Gosh, I'm writing poetry while I'm in the banyo! Ya, I know, it's not entirely original, but I like to think of it as the fusion of tradition and my individual talent.

Later, before I flushed what became of the ginisang tilapia and hot monay and dinuguan and piniritong talong I ate yesterday, I also realized I may have hemorrhoids. But I don't want to discuss the details here, coz you know, I'm not that kind of blogger.

So what else should I write about here? Perhaps I can tell you about the days I spent at Galera last month, maybe post some pictures of me getting a henna tattoo, walking in the white beach, partying with my friends, getting drunk and playing that never-ever-have-i-ever game, but I wouldn't do that. That's what most bloggers do. I'm different. I'm unique.

Besides, that would be so bourgeois. You know, I’m an Atenean, but not the type you read about in blog entries written by makibaka people. I’m a man for others, I have commitment to hope. It’s true! Even if I look so alta sociedad, my heart beats for people who live in, like, Payatas. I haven't really gone there, but I know the people there are really having a bad time. That's why they are pushed to do wrong things like slit the throat of a guy who refused to give his cellphone or marry foreigners they met in cyberspace. We shouldn't judge them. I mean, who should? Kung sino ang walang kasalanan, siya ang unang maghagis ng bato. Wow, ang lalim kong mag-Tagalog. Anyway, this entry is for them.

Last week I was in KFC Katipunan with Joanne. We noticed that a couple eating there was having an LQ. You know, as in lover's quarrel, duh. They left without finishing their food. They did not even touch their mashed potatoes. I told Joanne, what's wrong with these people? Hindi ba nila alam na maraming nagugutom sa Payatas? Then I went to their table, took the mashed potatoes and gave them to the boy selling banana-Q outside. The boy's smile gave me goosebumps. That day I felt that I was really a man for others. And Joanne was very proud of me.

I learned something very important that day: You don't have to be a Mother Theresa to be able to help the poor. You can help alleviate poverty in your own little way.

While in Galera, I talked to Allan Popa (the rockstar-poet) about libog and the face of the other. I told him, let's say you've just bought a copy of the latest issue of FHM, and you're hurrying home because you want to, you know, masturbate while looking at the pictures of Chesca Garcia and Nancy Castiglione. And then on your way to the LRT Katipunan station you see the pulubi in Aurora (If you’re always passing by Aurora on your way to Ateneo, you’ve seen this pulubi – the one with sores and blisters all over his body.) I asked Allan, can you still make jakol after seeing that man's eyes? Allan told me, "Ni hindi ka titigasan nun." Allan Popa, you really are a poet.

Well, that's all for today. Sorry if this is not that organized.

Tired, so tired.

Currently listening to: Sa lahat ng masa

28 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Mitzie said...

Grabe, baliw ka talaga. (compliment yun) =)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger the city reader said...

yolando jamendang, you are a golden god. come let's make anti-bourgeois babies together. ahahaha.

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grabe, Yol! you never fail to make me laugh! Siguro nagtataka na ang mga kapitbahay ko dito sa hall at tumatawa ako mag-isa! Anyway, did Joanne see these pics? At alam ba nya itong mga pinagsusulat, mo,ha? naughty boy! :-)

Sige, just droppin' by. I too am procrastinating myself at the moment. You know that whenever I search your blog. But I always find it's worth my time.

Always remember what you're living for ok? Take care! My love to you and Joanne! :-)

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mitzie: halata bang wala akong magawa lately?

naya: oist nangako kang magpapainom bago umalis, ha?

dale: hinila niya ang patilya ko nang makita niya ito. procrastinate now! yan ang motto ko this summer.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bading na bading

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iba ka na talaga YOL...

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maganda nga ang Sa Lahat ng Masa, sir. Kahit ako nadala ako nung marinig ko 'yun. (Ulet sa ultraelectro)

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yol hindi ka procrastinating youre still doing something meaningful - napapaligaya mo kami sa mga blog entries mo. hehehe

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brandz: nakakainis nga e, may nagrevive ang panget naman.

jose: buti ka pa you can make enter the lib. ako, my id is not valid e.

isma: isma hindi ikaw yan. hindi ikaw yan.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my friggin gosh sir yol, you is so conyo nahh! hahaha.

si anna banzuela nga pala to ^_^

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antagal naman ng next wik sir.. Nabitin ako.. Wait, ako ata ang kailangang maghanda sa mga comment niyo..

Seatbelt, check
Airbag, check
Breaks, check
Shades(?), check

sa bagay, baka yun na ang magsilbing emotional high/low ko ngayong summer, palibhasa boring.. kahit marami akong ginagawa..

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... sa sobrang galing ni yol, napapaingles si isma.

mael, musta na?

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anna: huy ana! musta ka na? nakita ko si laurice sa sta lucia. may kasama siyang boylet. bf niya ba yun? tsismisan mo naman ako.

brandz: hindi mo na ako teacher, kaya hindi mo na kailangan ng ganyang paghahanda sa comments ko. let's talk about libog and the face of the other when we meet.

eric: master eric musta ka na? grand champion martial artist ka na ba? kaya mo bang talunin ang ninja strikes ko?

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure sir! ano po bang sabi ni moreen? kelan daw tayo maguusap-usap?

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yol, ayos lang.. kaw? musta? hehe! ninja strikes mo? sisiw! mahabang pagsasanay ang ginawa ko shaolin temple sa brokeback mountain.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IDOL!!!! whoooooooooo!!! idol!!!!

galeng.. galeng!!! \m/

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IDOL!!!! whoooooooooo!!! idol!!!!

galeng.. galeng!!! \m/

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Marky said...

Yol, hayop ang galing mo. I'm a Fan.
palagay ko, mas naentertain ako nito kesa ng Brokeback...

mark ( Manok )

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha...leche! coniong conio ang dateng nten ah...as in coniong bading! kainis! keep up the gud work bro! nakakaalis ng pagod mga entries mo..muah!

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

meron kaya. :P sir punta kami sa conspiracy.:)

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eric? eric na mala-cerio sa fav telenobela kong marimar na may malagong buhok sa kili-...este dibdib, kaw yan?! Mwah! eto ok lang badish na badish pa rin tulad ni yol. Pag uwi ko kita kits para i-extremity fist kita kasi youre too much for yol's ninja strikes. Pabunot na rin ng isang buhok sa dibdib ha? miss ko na e *hehehe*

yol: kelan next update? grrr

mark: syet! gwapo mo!!!

anna: c laurice lang ba may boylets? kaw?

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigurado ba namang tumatae ka lang nung nagsusulat ka sa banyo?

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ruth: ano pa ba namang ibang gagawin ko sa banyo?

mark at eric: brokebackan tayO! ngayon na!

badek: hnaks ang drama. may outing daw uli? hindi ako makakasama kasi inarte ako e.

isma: sinong tinatawag mong bading? ha? ha? tayong dalawa. sa brokeback mountain. ngayon na.

anne: feb12 daw, friday. 6-9pm ang launch.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Marky said...

isma! what's up , my ex-papa?

yol: sulat ka ulit!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger anjeline said...

waaaaah ang galing galing mo! :)

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maligo!!! Ano pa ba pwedeng gawin bukod sa tumae ant maligo.. Yol ha?! : )

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kamutin mo na lang itlog mo..he he..

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Hanep ka sa balahibo ng Itik said...

Wow i really like your blogs...minsan serious minsan nakakatawa...it makes them worthwhile to read astig ka talaga

 

Post a Comment

<< Home